Profile

Photobucket
I'm Elynn. A vegetarian. An adventurer. Believes in all the good things in life.
If you want to know me more. Read my blog more often. :)
THE Block means The Holistic Elynn's Blog. Enjoy! :D
THE Tongue Rollers.



Click It.

THE Mood.

THE Archieves.





THE Daily Reads

The unusual usuals.
Thursday, May 12, 2011



Days passed as usual but with some not so usual events.


Well,


These few days had been quite a kick for me.


Its my second week in Coffee Bean and I'm experiencing lots of valuable life experience.


Now, I'm not only familiar in making the usual signature ice blended, but, proudly to say, I can make almost ALL the hot beverages as well!


Cappuccino, Lattes, Hot Chocolate, Americano etc. You name it. :)


Am I considered a qualified barista now? ^^


It was quite tough at the beginning, with all the ingredients and "formulas" to memorize, and not to mention handling the coffee machine. There pretty much of a heat on that thing! My hand have been hurt loads of times by the high temperature and boiling water. Ouchh~


I bet I'll have steel hands by the time I quit. Haha


Other than that, of course, you get to see colours of people's faces. Especially - your boss.


There's this pregnant Malay supervisor which I "fear" the most. Well not only me, but practically everyone in our outlet!


She's soooo strict!


Her arrival no doubt creates a very stress atmosphere. And you know, the more we're stressed up, more wasted beverages (more mistakes duh)


She would be standing behind us, observing every technique.


You can imagine how nervous you get knowing that someone is observing you from behind right? Well, that's OUR situation.


But..


Ironically, I managed to have a chat or two during spare moments in front of the counter yesterday.


And what I found out was she used to study Culinary Management in UiTM Shah Alam. She told me that she once had a very very strict professor who had high expectations from them (her class)...


*SNAP*


No wonder..


She was actually following in her mentor's footstep ain't she?


What kind of teacher brings up what kind of student what right?!


And from there, I felt so much more relieved.


She's just doing her job anyway.


Next time when she observed, I'll just tell myself: "chillax, no worries =) "


-


Besides, I've been following my mum to the Buddhist Center these days (as I've promised since Matrix)


Today, I went there myself.


And great,


It rained!


I mean, I'm certainly delighted for the rain as the weather was extremely awful pass few days, but, why, why when I'm SICK?!


Yes, I'm sick (because of stress, weather blaa)!


And I gotta pop by Guardian for an umbrella. (the bright side is, my umbrella colour is red, which I think it's super hawtt LOL)


Bearing the cold weather (and the wet shoes), I took public transport all the way from Pyramid to PWTC.


-


It was my second visit, I came to see the master.


Enquired some questions from him, and he gave me some very very VERY motivating answers.


Surprisingly, I feel very serene coming to this Buddhist Center, though its small and not eye-capturing, but, I have a strong sense familiarity and belonging to it.


I managed to easily meditate in front of Buddha statue for quite sometime. Its quiet, the people are nice, the Master is great, what can I say, I've found HOME :)


The time to come, I may devote myself into the teaching of Dharma.


Being a fellow disciple of the Buddha Teaching.


Have a nice day people. :)